Passport: Indian Passport
Embassy: US Embassy in London, UK
Visa Decision Time: On-the-spot
Visa Appointment Wait time: About 2 weeks
Passport delivery time: About 3 working days
Points to note
- No electronics, not even earphones/cables/key-fobs allowed in the embassy
- You can take a book and/or a snack, but no bags
- Time spent within the embassy: About 1 hour
- You need to complete your online application beforehand, and carry the confirmation page & payment receipt
- Passport delivery costs about £16, you need a credit/debit card to pay for it. No cash.
Documents that they looked at:
- Current passport
- Old Passport with old US Visa
- Application confirmation
I took a slew of documents, including bank statements, payslips, letter from my employer. They didn’t look at any of them.
Questions they asked in the interview:
- How long will you be in the US?
- Where did you get your last visa?
- How long have you lived in the UK?
- Where did you live before the UK? What did you do there?
- Are you married? Is you wife in the UK?
Hope this helps!