I went to Jakarta in June 2019 along with 2 colleagues for a business trip. My wife also went along as a tourist.
For business visa on arrival, we followed the below process:
- Shortly after leaving the plane, in the terminal there was a Visa on Arrival counter.
- At counter 1 we paid US $15 per visa for a business visa
- At counter 2, the officer pasted the visas in our passport and stamped us in
- We were then allowed to bypass the immigration counters and go straight to baggage claim.
For tourist visa on arrival, my wife followed the below process:
- She went direct to the immigration counter
- No questions asked, no money charged
- Visa stamped in passport and she was waved in
As simple as that.